Posted by dvrjon on August 20, 2001 at 19:59:53:
In Reply to: You wanted my experience; here it is posted by GLnSD on August 20, 2001 at 00:43:43:
Really don't want to start a fight here, but this doesn't add up...
"...received my commission in 1977; Retired from Navy diving in 1996 as an O6."
1. You must have been one shit-hot fast burner, to make O-6 before 20.
2. In fact, to carry the rank into retirement, you had to hold the rank for a minimum of two years.
3. Considering you got a line number with a delay in assuming rank, you would have had to have made grade at the about the 17 year point--well done.
4. But wait--you needed 20 years' service to retire, and you only show 19.
5. Based on what you've told us, with all due respect, your story just went Tango-Uniform.
Post a Followup