Re: Actually, PADI seems to care quite a bit about equipment sales

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on August 22, 2001 at 12:26:59:

In Reply to: Re: Actually, PADI seems to care quite a bit about equipment sales posted by MHK on August 22, 2001 at 10:55:19:

Ow, ow, owwwwww (picture me running around trying put out the fire on my a**) ;-)

I'm taking the class from one of my fellow aquarium divers. He's offered DM training to the volunteer divers at the LBAOP at a special rate. But more importantly for me, he's being extremely flexible about the schedule. Believe me, if I didn't know this guy personally and had been diving with him, I never would have just taken the class at random. I probably would have waited for you to get instructor certified through GUE first (hey, I might end up doing that in the long run anyway).

In the short term, I think this will be a great learning experience for me and in the long term, will make me a better diver. Didn't you once ask PADI DMs and instructors to protest PADI's watered-down standards? Well, I come from a long line of political agitators and I can be very, very vocal when I want to be (Terry, keep your wisecracks to yourself, please). Believe me, I won't be a PADI puppet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]