Re: Damn You're Righteous

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 23, 2001 at 09:22:01:

In Reply to: Re: Damn You're Righteous posted by Chris on August 22, 2001 at 22:42:04:

Chris,

I know you in real life and you aren't this dumb when we get together so what gives on the BBS???

I never said I was superior, in fact, as I've noted I'm still training and learning.

You, and your buddy Seahunt, continue to offer up that you guys do world class diving that is beyond the scope of most on this list.. I just called you guys on it.. Your diving isn't world class, it isn't safe and you do it in a reckless and unsafe manner..

You are the one who thinks he is macho by diving to 165'+, on air,solo, without a BC in a steel tank and a westuit.. It is that kind of macho thinking that needs to be denounced.. If you want to dive to those depths there is a safer and more efficent way to do it..

Who do you think is doing the macho thing???

1) The guys that takes the time to train, learn new ways to accomplish the same thing, only in a safer manner. And doing so with a buddy a qualified support team, prpoer gear and the use of a narcotic reducing mix;

or

2) The guys that holds up the entire boat time and again because he chooses to dive solo, on air, deep, with a steel tank and a westuit, and can never manage to get back to the boat???

Which one of the two are more responsible diver's and which one of the two are reckless, irrsponsible and inconsiderate to the rest of the passengers???

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]