you just need more lift bags is all

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 23, 2001 at 12:05:57:

In Reply to: Huh??? posted by mike on August 23, 2001 at 11:32:23:

since i got my new Zeagle TECH wings B/C with dual inflation internal bladders and separate hoses, even though i no longer need a backup lift bag for my main lift bag, it is still nice to be able to lift 255 lbs of "stuff" out of the ocean. my B/C wings are rated for 85lbs. and each of the two Halcyon lift bags i carry with me is rated 85 lbs also. 85 must be my lucky number.

if you think brass is heavy, do you have any idea how much gold weights? and if i must, in case 255 lbs is not enough lift, i can always empty out my weight pouches and fill them with gold too.

oh yah, almost forgot. i can ditch my tanks too, and just freedive back to the surface if I have to. anything seahunt-Mike can do, i can do too, i think.

now, what did i do with that old treasure map again???

i am not arguing that it is wrong or too expensive to be prepared in advance. i just feel that a backplate is a hazard outside of a cave for normal open water diving. and tanks without tank boots is a stoning offense on most dive boats, especially those with inlaid teak wood. so try DIW [do it wrong] for awhile and see if it works for you, before you get too hung up on the ego trip of DIR.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]