I love My Halcyon BUT I looked at some new stuff...

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Something new on August 23, 2001 at 20:13:54:

In Reply to: Halcyon gear used by DIR diver posted by John Walker on August 23, 2001 at 08:57:58:

The QUALITY is taking a DUMP boys! the Wings are coming out iin different sizes and shapes for the SAME LIFT!
The Hoses are no longer being crimped the good way they used to but are Now like everyone elses.
The Strap holes are misaligned on the new ones (Pioneer) AND the trim falls off.
The grommet holes in the MCpak are Hodge podge and may not line up with BP holes, plus the Horrible plastic pins are so weak that you have to use tie wraps when they fall off (1st dive) as are the weak ones used for the ACB.
The wings are beginning to spring leaks and the built in STA makes the wing tough to travel with (much prefer separate from A.U.L.)
This is based on SEVEN Halcyon rigs. That is a LOT of problems to have in that few rigs pals! go home and work on QUALITY to get BACK where it was. Quit cutting corners and try not bashing others until your house is again clean. Yes Halcyon still better but at this rate..Not for long.
PS not one of the seven was older than ONE YEAR!! my three year old is in much better shape!! that is B A D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]