It has a base, abeit a small one, and one i am sure is false but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on August 23, 2001 at 23:22:41:

In Reply to: Thinking of a guess is not the point. posted by seldom seen slim on August 23, 2001 at 22:41:05:

based on over a year of lurking, posting and sometimes trolling, the ones who consistently lack valid email addy's are a rather new phenomenon on this board, and the fact that they've all appeared within the last 3 months or so, provides a small amount of circumstantial evidence of mischief, which is why anyone who posts /w/o an addy is immediately suspect as a sockpuppet or troll. The tone of Chris and MHK's exchanges has been rather heated in the past, and in the past, Chris had cast some lines and MHK had predictably taken the bait (and hook, and line, and sinker) so given the rather limited number of lurkers/posters here, it would be a simple matter to toss up a guess, just as a simple starting point, that perhaps One could be the other. It's kinda like the Gary Condit thing.....it's the stain, the association, the circumstance. Having met both MHK and Chris in the past, and having read their posts for the last 14 months, i would argue against Rita's guess as well, but that is only because i have a little more historical info. As a realtive neophyte to the BBS, her guess would have been as good as mine were i in her shoes. Everything starts with a wild guess, and then the possibilities get eliminated in great numbers as information comes in.

Of course, here's one for you: have you ever met Rita? What would you assume about her from her postings?

Of course, it may be possible to trace sockpuppets so long as they don't dial up? And the number of hits on this BBS should also provide some data for permutating. Such is entertainment. It's a game, and only a game, albeit one that has utility only when one is home with a nasty cold.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]