The best part of diving . . .

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on August 27, 2001 at 14:16:20:

The best part of diving . . .

All the neighborhood kids were so curious. Scuba diving isn't that big in Eastern Canada, and the gear is very uncommon. They watched me clean and pack and unpack the gear and move the cylinders in and out of the car every evening. They were so curious. They loved it when I geared them up and they could walk around the back yard with a full face mack hooked up to a small pony bottle. They pretended they were deep sea divers and were fascinated with my wreck stories. My French was a bit rusty, but the glint in their eyes meant they were understanding most of my stories.

On my last day in Quebec I organized a scuba adventure day for six of them. I rented some small 63 cubic foot and small BC's and wetsuits for them and we were off to the pool. I they a bunch of pocket change in and away they went. It was the most fun they had in that pool. I was also able to get my younger " soon-to-be-cousin-in-law " (don't ask) and her best friend up to a local lake. Two twelve year olds exploring the lake they lived near all their life, but had never seen UNDER the water. It was amazing how the kids took to the scuba after a brief safety orientation.

The best part of diving is when you can help children to learn to dive. Their smiles make it all worth while.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]