GUE attitude adjustment

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by maddiver on August 28, 2001 at 19:34:09:

In Reply to: Re: can't argue there... posted by TDI Diver on August 28, 2001 at 16:34:13:

>>>>>>>I have unfortunitly have not come across any GUE DIR divers who do not have an attitude, having said that I am sure that there are a lot of the out
there that don't. Also I have never questioned any of the supposed DIR divers I have met as to their actual affilation/certification with or from GUE.
It is possible that some of these people have no affiliation at all with GUE.<<<<<<<

I have heard much discussion on this topic and it seems to be in a state of mass production on the West Coast. A bunch of 'newbie' DIR-ers or nontraditionalists who now feel like they have an axe to grind with everyone who doesn't breath the long hose. Notice in none of my discussions that I lend credence to these guys...I only give examples of open minded individuals that actually make contributions. This precise 'BS' is what killed the 'apres dive' for me in Florida. I got so sick of 'who was your instructor...' 'that guys a real jerk because he has bondage wings'. I used to learn things from all types and take the best parts from people....but it became stagnated by the chest beaters and some how cave diving where there was no more cave to be explored became competitive (yeah I am still asking myself how?).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]