Pre-Dive Trip Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on August 29, 2001 at 08:48:18:

This is a pre-dive trip report. At the end of the post, please remember to wipe the drool off your face. The sole purpose is to make you all jealous. Sorry, but I missed my coffee this morning.

It is of course wreck related, but you know when you click on my posts you're gonna get rust on all that pretty new dive gear, right ?

Next weekend some friends and I have chartered a boat, to remain nameless. We own our own boats, but feel that anything other than eating and wreck diving would interfere with our goals. Hence, no playing captain, fill monkey, cabin boy or galley wench. We are paying someone else to do all that. ( and he's very good at it, except for the galley wench part )

We are leaving for two days of diving on the USS Gregory. DD802 was a Fletcher Class Destroyer, built in 1944 when they even made the toilet seats out of brass and bronze. She sits shallow in the water off San Click, and we will be anchored on top of her for two days. Can you say " FEAST " ?

Two days of diving but a full two months of polishing.

Yes, for those of you keeping count, she was armed with TEN torpedo launchers. ( Thats a one followed by a zero )

For more history on the ship please check out:

http://www.cawreckdivers.org/Wrecks/Gregory.htm

You may now wipe the drool off you face, as I just did.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]