Catholic shrines as an artform are worth appreciating

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 30, 2001 at 12:32:30:

In Reply to: Re: do you know where Monastery Beach is? posted by Jim Hoffman on August 30, 2001 at 11:28:43:

they are very beautiful. very peaceful. very soothing to the soul. i am not Catholic, but i still enjoy viewing those shrines.

minority cultures have always faced major challenges from the majority, whatever that majority is/was, and whether it is/was just or unjust to its own minorities. the enlightment of a culture is best represented by its tolerance of all its minorities and the preservation of their human rights.

i recall, although i am no Torah scholar, that the kingdom of Egypt was blessed with a guarantee of perpetual existence as a reward for sheltering its minorities. Egypt still exists today as a testament to that blessing.

I can only hope that America will deserve that same blessing. for those of us who are the majority, that is what we strive for, and that is our own justification to others in the majority when they do not feel the same way about the human rights of others. for the record.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]