That is not fair. And I think I have a better answer

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 04, 2001 at 10:39:01:

In Reply to: Re: DIR Boats posted by GLnSD on September 04, 2001 at 10:00:09:

Although you are right that there are very few "DIR purists", there are more and more divers embracing its style and recreational diving's evolution is surely being affected by some of its finer points.

But there are many divers that I , a non DIR compliant recreational diver, look at and say 'they are DIR (by general gear configuration) and they would be interested in DIR friendly boats.

I took a different take on this whole question. I think there is a RIGHT way of doing commercial boats. The problem is that the RIGHT way is mission specific. Let me give examples.

PEACE is a great hunting boat. if you are a hardcore hunter you would consider this to be DOING IT RIGHT. Right next door is the LIBERTY. It is a great boat for non-hardcore divers doing fun dives and for teaching. If you want to have a great time enjoying the underwater sights in a non-threatening, friendly manner, you would consider this boat to be DOING IT RIGHT.

What I am saying is that you need to decide what kind of diving you want to do and select the best boats for that kind of diving. I suggest that the best to use this board for that woudl be to post what kind of diving you want to do and see if anyone recommends a particular boat fo ryou. Then check out the boat schedules and book it.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]