Re: it looks like the buddy system didnt work too good this time

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mhk on September 04, 2001 at 15:14:10:

In Reply to: it looks like the buddy system didnt work too good this time posted by Karl S. on September 04, 2001 at 13:44:49:

Karl,

The buddy system isn't perfect but it is in fact better then solo. Now that being said, the concept of a unified team is substantially different then the buddy system..

For example, do you think that if it were Walker and I in the same situation that the results would have been the same?? We constantly train for the situations and our belief isn't * in the unlikely event it could happen* our belief is that if you dive long enough it will sooner or later happen, so we prepare for it, we train for it and we practice this stuff all the time...

That's the intangible that all too many seem to miss... Can any of the PADI instructors that have taken issue with my critic of the OOA drills on the knees honestly tell me that these diver's were prepared for this event???? I notice that when the issue is theoretical we have every Tom, Dick and Harry jumping up and down telling me I'm full of sh*t.. But when it becomes a real life and DEATH issue, we never ever hear from those same people...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]