Re: I thought you had a meeting......do you have a job like that for me?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 05, 2001 at 13:48:25:

In Reply to: I thought you had a meeting......do you have a job like that for me? posted by Maddiver on September 05, 2001 at 13:42:15:

Oh yeah, sorry I got sidetracked...

What you were suggesting yesterday was the last thing in the world that I would consider.. From 120' in a paniced OOA situation a blow and go will likely result in a AGE.. No there is a chance of surviving that and if the only other option available is drowning then you're screwed anyway.. However, DIR is much about solving problems before they occur and not hoping or praying for some ad hoc solution to a crisis that you shouldn't be in to begin with...

You said yesterday that you wouldn't bother getting your buddies attention and would handle the situation by dropping the belt and bolting.. If that is the case you have chosen the wrong buddy and neither one of you guys know anything about unified team diving... I can promise you if Terry or Walker have their head in teh reef looking for bugs and I'm out of gas, you can bet your life that they would get the reg ripped from their mouth and we'd handle the situation...

Please explain your logic about your theory...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]