Re: We are not alone!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 05, 2001 at 16:45:54:

In Reply to: We are not alone! posted by scubabum on September 05, 2001 at 16:40:06:

Walker has sort of an unoffical page that he has compiled and while it may sound a bit morbid I happen to believe that accident analysis is a good thing.. Most that are in the dive industry will talk about * in the unlikley event* or some other soft soaping language and try to minimize the events.. In my view that's a dis service.. I like DAN's book however I wish it were more timely.. If I recall correctly they are 2 (?) years behind???

In any event, part of what we try to do on this list is to discuss what we believe happen and get the facts and recommended solutions in the forefront to atleast spark a dialogue and get people to start proactively thinking about avoiding getting into the situation to begin with..

A fair amount of the fatalities have come from very experienced diver's who I'm sure entered the water thinking * I've been doing it this way for a long time so nothing will happen*, and lo and behold they wind up dead...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]