I do have a preference...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cabo on September 06, 2001 at 10:00:54:

In Reply to: Question for those who've tried old and new Halcyon wings.... posted by ChrisM on September 06, 2001 at 09:20:55:

I HAVE tried both... I like the older style.
Not that the new doesn't work or anything, It IS a darn good BC! BUT:
1) i prefer to be able to fold my wings enough to take as "carry on" luggage
2) I prefer using SingleTankAdapter "Lights" from A.U.L. or Halcyons new low profile STA with my Halcyon rig (the built in one precludes this option, I like CHOICE)
3) I have no evidence to prove it but I feel the Stainless bolts are more "stable" than just a strap through the whole rig
4) I like to have my doubles ready and assembled as well as a single so I can choose either and just tighten two wingnuts (no, not take a couple friends to the bar)
1) and 2) are the biggest reasons, both types work quite well, and "blow the doors off" my Zeagle, Dacor, Dive-Rite, SeaQuest and even SeaPro BC's!
Just My Opinion
Had to chuck this in... Saw a NEW Mares Hub BC. I like and respect Mares Guages, regs, and fins but that HUB thing...will their insurance cover that? You don't even need water to have a problem with that thing.
pneumatic tank band?
pressure operated dump valve that don't dump if air is low?
second folded up in a pocket with a short hose coming from the waist on the right-hand side? if "donated", that 2nd has to be used upside down (wet) if face to face!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]