Re: Can anyone give me dive info re: Emerald Bay............

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eugene on September 10, 2001 at 12:01:47:

In Reply to: Can anyone give me dive info re: Emerald Bay............ posted by Susan on September 10, 2001 at 10:33:41:

we dove emerald bay a couple of years ago. We hired "Tahoe Sport Fishing" (a local company) to take us to emerald bay to dive on the barges. It was later August and the vis sucked and the water was green with algae. unlike the rest of the (blue)lake. I was told, by those I suppose who know the area, that this is because of the glacial water entering the bay. I dove the lake by myself many times without a buddy and was never bothered by anyone who mattered. I do not know about the privacy issues as we didn't come to shore. There is a trail down to the beach open to the public however there are some areas I am told that are privately owned and so posted. I believe the only rules you should probably follow are the rules to diving at altitude. Emerald Bay is a beautiful sight from the road and overlook but under water, it is a let down. The north East beaches are sandy and beautiful and the water is blue and the vis is great. Emerald bay looks better on a post card.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]