PADI is sleek and fast / NAUI is thorough

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI Diver2 on September 10, 2001 at 12:13:15:

In Reply to: Re: Seeking opinions on the best certification course.... posted by TDI Diver on September 08, 2001 at 17:24:49:

How quick do you have to be at your vacation destination with your buddy Joe or Sally Resort Diver??? Timing is everything.

NAUI stores will add additional dives and info for freediving usually, which the other agencies rarely teach as a part of the OW1 program.

TDI has been offering an introductory OW1 certification too, but I have forgotten what they call their sub-agency that does this. TDI itself is mostly for OWSI and DM level divers. But supposedly their OW1 sub-agency is designed for novice dive training.

With GUE you will get your mask ripped off and your air turned off more times than with any other agency however. They may try to drown you on purpose. If you can make it through that, then you are ready for the NOAA advanced blue water course. [I better make this post anonymous so that they dont sue me.]

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]