BillP, tleemay, GI III et al: I need your help.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on October 15, 2001 at 10:01:35:

I need help from you scientifically minded and decompression theory educated folks in formulating a synopsis.

My objective is to get input from one specific medical scientist as to how his expertise can be applied to scuba diving with regards to improving decompression effectiveness and efficiency. He was nominated for a Nobel Prize in his field of work (nutrition). I would like to explain to him from our perspective what happens to the human body during a dive with regards to the above objective.

This information piece will cover air and technical gasses, on- and off gassing, specific problems of (and I’m fishing for words already) the varying cell structures of the different compartments and the practical effects and requirements of all this on diving and decompression in terms of hydration, thermal protection, ascent rates and decompression stops (plus whatever is relevant in this context).

I want to take advantage of his initial interest, which may result in him supporting a study in which some of you (and I’m also thinking of the WKPP team) would be invited to participate and make an important contribution toward diving safety for all of us.

I’ve only posted this on our California forum. Please advise whether you think I should also post it on other boards or lists (and which).

Thank you,
Eins

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]