Advanced Weck class

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI Diver on October 15, 2001 at 23:29:09:

In Reply to: Re: Yukon chart table........... posted by John on October 15, 2001 at 20:19:21:

A VERY breif out line of the advanced wreck class.
This is by no means a complete curriculum (sp)

Wreck research, including sources of information and location techniques.

proper use of down lines, current lines, tag lines, up lines etc...

proper use of guide lines, including gap reels, and lost line procedurs in silt out and dark conditions.

use of lift bag & reel configured a fixed up line and drifting.

acting as surface support and saftey diver.

pentration techniques using guide lines, I do not teach or use *progressive penetration*

use of proper mix for the depth and workload of the dive as well as proper deco mix, assuming the student is properly certified. If not I limit dives to shallow wrecks such as the Ruby E.

The list is of *skills* is much longer but I think you get the idea.

As for my experience, it includes Truk Lagoon several time, including all the deep wrecks there, the Wilkes Barre in FL, a couple of small wrecks in the Great Lakes. Wrecks in the Philipines, the Andrea Doria, every *wreck dive* offered around Ohau and Maui and a couple that are not offered to the general public because of depth and of course some of the local rubble piles here in CA. Though I admit I don't dive much in CA for recreation most of my diving here is teaching, though I would like to change that I just need to get to know people that do dive the wrecks here. I don't believe in learning something new by self expermintation and survival, I would rather go along with someone who knows the area and the wrecks, though I am picky about who I dive with.

I hope this helps answer your question, if not send me a private e-mail and will get as specific as you would like. Just remove the nospam from my e-mail address and you will have my e-mail.

One word I don't get involved in the flame wars that go on on this board.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]