What security????

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on October 16, 2001 at 16:50:02:

In Reply to: Do you have a problem with security at US facilities? posted by George Austin on October 16, 2001 at 11:40:17:

I said weenie and idiot because that is EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS. Only an idiot would try and use a truck mounted PA system to hail an anchored dive boat NEARLY HALF A MILE OFFSHORE. Period. End of story. The fact that he was military had nothing to do with those facts.

And... That's some impressive security watch they have there. 12 hours later, and a good 2-3 after sunrise they finally bother to notice us sitting there. Wow, those boys out there are SHARP!!! And if the duty officer wants to ammend the rules, HE SHOULD USE THE FREAKING GUARD CHANNEL TO NOTIFY BOATERS, not some lame yahoo in a truck.

And, while I'm at it, let me be crystal clear on the point since it is obvious your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking... I'll even use all caps in case your eyesight is bad too...

WHY SHOULD HE MOLEST AN ANCHORED PRIVATE BOAT WHEN THERE ARE TWO COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSELS BETWEEN US AND THE SHORE, BOTH OPERATING ***WELL*** WITHIN EVEN THE 300 YARD LIMIT???

Did you get the point of that post this time??? I don't have a problem with the military doing what they will with San Clemente Island. It's their rock and their choice. My problem is with the fact that they are selectively implementing those rules.

So don't get your panties all in a bunch in another Red Scare. Go bash DIR some more, since it's obvious from this and other posts you rarely enter the water.

JRM

-- The power of accurate observation is often labeled cynicism by those who do not possess it. Case in point.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]