Re: Rosa or cruz

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on October 31, 2001 at 13:10:01:

In Reply to: Rosa or cruz posted by finfan on October 31, 2001 at 09:52:45:

Finfan:

Best diving for bugs is at Rosa. However, there are a few spots off of South West Cruz that are good. Keep in mind that the area between Cruz and Rosa is called the "Potato Patch" as it can get really bumpy in there due to the way the NW wind waves and the southerly swell interact there.

Most of the weather at the Nothern Channel Islands blows out of the North West, and this weekend looks to be no different (http://cdip.ucsd.edu/elnino_htmls/homepage.shtml). This means that Talcot may be a bit bumpy and exposed. If you decide to go around to the back side of Rosa, there are some good spots. My experience has been that the east side of Rosa has poor visibility and the south side has much better viz.

If you don't have a copy of "Divers Almanac - West Coast" I recommend you get a copy. It lists dive sites all up and down the West Coast. However, I don't think that its been updated since 1989, so some of the pictures look pretty funky (and dated). And there are only a few copies left in any of the dive shops. But it still is a good reference.

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]