Karl, what are you talking about ?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on October 31, 2001 at 17:15:45:

In Reply to: backplates shift center of gravity NOT reduce weighting posted by Karl S. on October 31, 2001 at 14:41:08:

Karl wrote: "If you are dropping more weight than 5.5 lbs because of a steel backplate and a new backpack, it is because you were overweighted before."

I really think you are giving out incorrect information.

A soft pack BC like the Zeagle Tech is positive in the water. ( in other words it FLOATS )

If you are ****correctly**** weighted with such a BC and switch to a SS backplate then you have to reduce your weight by the weight of the SS backplate. Most plates are 6 negative, some are 12 and 13 negative. Or else you will be 6 or 12 or
13 pounds OVERWEIGHTED, if you do not correct for the increased weight of the BP.

I really think you are giving incorrect information on this and other boards.

I've been a certified technical diver for eight years, diving deep wreck almost every weekend.
I've dove them on many different BCs including the
Zeagle Tech, Al BPs and SS BPs.

Weighting issues are part every tech course I've ever taken, TDI, ANDI, IANTD and PSA alike. Weighting issues are a fundamental part of the NAUI and PADI courses I teach.

I think you need to study that TDI text book that Phil gave you a little better.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]