Brief Trip Report

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on November 05, 2001 at 09:42:32:

We headed out on a sixpack to Anacapa for a long day of wreck diving and hunting. It was a beautiful flat day, the water was that turqoise blue that makes you wonder if it could get any more spectacular.

Our first wreck was a Grumman Avenger Torpedo Bomber that went down completely intact. She sits on the bottom about 130. We explored the plane from one end to the other. The site is littered with GIANT scallops, dinner plate sized. Delicious underwater, and delicious on the BBQ. I fired the big gun once and bagged a 25 pound sheepshead, another treat from Neptune's realm.

Our second dive we dove the wreck of the Winfield Scott, a very historic old steamer that went down in 1853 with lots of gold aboard. The captain kind of looked at me strange when he saw I was diving a 20 feet deep wreck with dual 95's, but then understood the strategy when I came back to the boat one hour and thirty minutes later. I was able to explore every aspect of that wreck. There is still gold on that wreck, I saw it myself.

As the afternoon swell grew, we jumped on the other side and hunted and explored the arch. Once again I limited out on scallops, and bagged a bug. Seals played with us and marine life was vibrant and

The food was first rate, bagels and lox for breakfast, basil, goat cheese, chicken and tomato sandwiches and salads for lunch. Beer and wine on the ride home.

It was one of the best days I have had diving in a few months. And between the fish and scallops and lobster and urchins, we feasted Sat night and all day Sunday.

Next weekend its a local wreck with Captain Ray on the Mr. C, man are we gonna have fun.

The diving is spectacular, and if you need a jump start to get in the water, contact me.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]