Sunday Night Update

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C2Cdiver on November 12, 2001 at 00:29:43:

In Reply to: In search of elusive Redondo squid. Dive report. posted by Maciek on November 11, 2001 at 02:05:16:

After reading these posts I just had to give it another shot. Entered the water at 9:30, water temp and vis the same. Surf up a quite a bit. It made entering with my video camera a little more challanging. But, not bad by any means. From shore, the huge flock of birds were noticably absent. Once I snorkled out to the 30 foot range, I could see the flock off in the distant. Probably sitting over 200 feet depth. Small groups of active squids at the 70-80 depth range. Dropped to 110, no action. Should have made the b-line for 130 in the beginning.

Still a worthwhile dive. During Friday and tonight, I got great video of eggs, squid's 'do'in' it, small clusters of swimming squid, various 'fat' fish, a scorpion fish with squid hanging out his mouth and then puking.

Thanks to all those that made posting during this frenzy. Please keep us abreast of others.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]