Re: Regs & Nitrox???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maddiver on November 13, 2001 at 13:22:07:

In Reply to: Regs & Nitrox??? posted by BadFish on November 12, 2001 at 14:45:17:

Don't pay 35% more for the green and yellow reg because the first time you use it, its the same as the non green and yellow one.

1) Every reg is compatible to 40 % so its a marketing scam if they tell you otherwise

2) Yes (I take you to mean nitrox to 40%) if higher I would dedicate a reg to say an oxygen bottle (although I would not purchase the green and yellow one here either)

3) Yes see above.

***Anytime you have an object oxygen cleaned (which takes many forms and is in no way a guarantee of a hydrocarbon free eniron)and you use that object/device it would no longer meet the level of 'cleanliness' that it had after cleaning. Although it is up for debate if the cleaning actually did anything for you. So my advice is that oxygen cleaning your reg for 40 and less is actually putting you at a greater risk due to the ineptitude of many service technicians to a) oxygen clean your reg and b) to put it back together and tune it properly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]