Re: Diving on air is not safe?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 13, 2001 at 16:30:17:

In Reply to: Re: Diving on air is not safe? posted by Maddiver on November 13, 2001 at 16:24:48:

As I have traveled the country the last 2 years doing DIR demo's and helping Andrew G I have had the great opportunity to visit and meet with diver's from around the country on a very regular basis and my observations are that our local diving market is more resistent to change then any other market in the country, and that even includes the NY market.. We have a class there in two weeks that sold out so fast that we needed to stay extra time to do another class...

We have a select few * old-timers* on this list and in our market that desire to continue to be big fish in very small ponds so they constantly denounce advances for one reason or another, rather then learning newer, safer and more efficient ways to dive.. If they actually had to learn something new then they may not be perceived as being big fish anymore.. It's sad because the list includes shop owners, DM's and very vocal people on this list..

Advances in technology are good things, but to hear some on this list tell it, you'll die if you use it... It's sad, but it is very true...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]