EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on November 13, 2001 at 20:58:39:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox diving in Southern California....not profitable??????? posted by tleemay on November 13, 2001 at 18:28:15:

Sonofabitch if you didn't hit the nail on the head@! CalAbDiver was right about you on the BA diving lists. You do have insight.

My wife and I were nitrox certified years ago on the promise that shops and boats would eventually be filling tanks as regularly as if they are filling air. If a boat would provide nitrox fills, we would use them as choice one for our trips, especially multiday trips. That was one Sport Chalet promise I wish they would take back and give us a refund for. Those of us who put forth the effort and dollars to get trained needs to be allowed to dive safer on any boat or club trip we do regardless of the cost for nitrox fills or if the boat captain thinks nitrox isn't safe to dive. I can't belive there are people out there including shop owners who thinks differently. We dove the Peace earlier this year was were greatful that nirtox was available at a flat rate for the duration of out trip.

Tleemay do you also subscribe to the ideal that a diver should not dive deeper than the air on his back would safely allow? If nitrox was not available, would you still do a dive if it ment doing a depth of 110 feet on air? I just want to make sure I understand your position and where you are coming from.

Thanks for the honest opinions. They are very refreshing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]