Re: Annacapa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on November 14, 2001 at 06:24:42:

In Reply to: Annacapa posted by Darren on November 13, 2001 at 22:53:05:

I was out Friday. 1st dive at landing cove. Vis was 40+, lots of big bugs, but it's a game preserve, and I think the bug know it. The wind came up about 1/2 way through the dive, and the Spectres bow anchor pulled loose, so Capt. Ted let go of the stern anchor, then drifted around until a diver or two surfaced, then came in to pick them up. 2nd dive was at the channels, real surgy and vis was down to 20-25. There was a big bull harbor seal that had staked out a spot to standup on and vocalize. He'd let divers get about 15ft away, then leave, but would come back as soon as the diver/s left. Think I got some good pic of him, first time I've seen one do that. The third dive was at cathedral cove, another game preserve, so again lots of BIG BUGS (I like say that, as a non-hunter). A group of 6 sealions, one was pup, came out to play and pose for pics. Couple of the divers layed on the bottom trying to look like a sealion, and flapped their "fins", and two of the sealions responded in kind. I stayed about 25 minutes before running out of film and got low on air.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]