Questions about "air" into a "Nitrox" bottle in SoCal

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on November 14, 2001 at 09:01:56:

In Reply to: Re: Questions about Nitrox diving in Southern California posted by MHK on November 13, 2001 at 16:59:01:

I'm headed down to SoCal next week to do my bit to lower the turkey population. I was planning on bringing my HP 100's with the geezer gas labels along.(Yeah, I dive dry and have the best trim with my steel bottles.) You wrote:

"As for boats, only a few pump mix now, and I doubt you'll find a boat that will pump air into a Nitrox labeled tank, again see Great Escape or Mr. C for the exception to the nonsense rule..."

I had no problems last year on the Blue Escape with refills, but I may try another boat or shop - just to try something new. I ususally just tell fillers that "air" is EAN 21. After a blank stare, I get my tank filled. But if things are really that tight in SoCal, I may want to bring my AL 80's. Was I just lucky with the Blue Escape giving me fills?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]