Re: Who are the dive police?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 19, 2001 at 14:50:07:

In Reply to: Who are the dive police? posted by Chris on November 19, 2001 at 14:41:10:

Chris,

I love the fact that you are so hell bent on disagreeing with me that you don't even read what I write anymore..

My analysis from a legal standpoint [ although I specifically state that I am NOT a lawyer] says that under the current system, absent any potentially added gross neglience, that there is NO requirement of the skipper and/or DM to ask for anything other then the C-card. I disclaim that the wreck diving scenario discuused in my analysis is a grey area that I'm not qualified to speak to, however, the entire point of my analysis is that the skipper or DM should NOT be put in the position of making on site, ad hoc judgement calls..

I then addressed the bigger picture [ which you NEVER understand] which is that if the industry wants to continue to be self-policing, and wants to continue to be outside legislative jurisdication then they need to step up to the plate, get real, stop living in fantasy land and realize that they better do a much better job of training because the BS they are pimping right now will ultimatley lead to a deterioration of reliability of the training standards as an acceptable level of training..

One day you'll stop wanting to argue with me, and listen to what I have to say and you'll soon realize that I do not take such strong positions unless I've done the homework.. You, on the other hand, just want to argue with me and generally have little clue what you are talking about..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]