Re: Cert. Cards, I was the DM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Art on November 19, 2001 at 20:33:59:

In Reply to: Re: Cert. Cards, that's was me posted by Brent on November 19, 2001 at 15:43:08:

As was explained to Capt. Tim, here is a diver with an open water cert. and was certifed last Mar. and had 25 dives under his belt, he admitted that he hadn't dove in a month or more and had never dove at night before and this was a night diving trip. His friends said that a Divemaster was coming along with there group and would dive as his buddy, I told him that I needed to talk with the Capt., I'm a Padi, Naui, and HSA instructor and acording to General Standards and Procedures this diver should make his first night dive with an instructor not a Divemaster. There are many divers that have been diving for years (day, night, deep, etc.)and they are great divers yet they have never taken training beyond their first cert. and there are divers that have an Advanced card and in my opinion didn't get the training they paid for, yet they're convinced that they are experienced. Can and when do you say no to a customer when they are certified?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]