Where do we go again exactly?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LandShark on November 23, 2001 at 21:03:31:

In Reply to: uh oh...here we go again posted by mike on November 23, 2001 at 13:40:18:

So, you've worked countless hours rehabilitating rental housing for lower income members of our community. You've also taught biology at the college level. I applaud you on both counts. What's not the fault of our society? What is, rather, the fault of "personal responsibility?" Did you mean "personal irresponsibility?" Personal irresponsibility within our ordered liberty is exactly what I touched on in my initial post. Your questions regarding truth, justice and the American way are symptomatic of the relativistic philosophy you believe our culture has been labeled with. The book I'd considered recommending initially is a book edited by Joel Feinberg called "The Philosophy of Law." It will adequately provide you with explanations of natural law and legal positivism as well as much more. To the extent that evolutionary epistemology and cognitive science discuss the acquisition of truth I'm certain they dovetail into the natural law school of thought. (Isn't science always trying to glean truth from nature?) This conversation may someday continue on a dive boat. Until then, best wishes in your pursuits! Dive safely and responsibly . . . . and don't whine about jury duty! If I haven't answered your questions or have provided you with less than that level of entertainment than you'd hoped for I'm sorry. Bye!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]