You have NO clue what you are talking about..

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on December 03, 2001 at 10:58:28:

In Reply to: reexamine your premise posted by Chris on December 03, 2001 at 10:32:30:

Posted by Chris on December 03, 2001 at 10:32:30:

What makes a GUE free demo different than a PADI intro to scuba demo.

Simple.. One is for free and the other is for a charge... If PADI wants to put on free demo's then you should also allow them to post these events here.. You purport to represent a FREE and OPEN forum to help advance Calif. diving and if recognized agencies want to put out FREE eductaional seminars you should encourage that, not edit it.. That is the very essence of what makes a board useful, nit the selective editing of a childish webmaster that has an agenda..

You also wrote:

GUE also charges an ongoing fee for continued membership.

Only if you CHOOSE to join. It is NOT a requirement and should you elect to join you pay a small membership fee that entitles you to a wide variety of services but in any demo and/or free class that we have ever put on we have NEVER mentioned joining GUE.. The choice is left up to the diver and we simply don't discuss it at our demo's..

You further went on you tangent with the following:

Repeated announcements of such “free” events are all part of a larger marketing scheme, and both events if posted repeatedly would constitute spam.

You selective BS is showing again.. By me, Walker, Kendall, Terry, Pat, Fred. et. al donating our time and services in NO way, shape or form constitutes any sort of marketing scheme whatsoever, and no matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true.. Do you understand that these events cost us money out of our own pockets, we don't get paid for these events, we don't advocate the use of any brand name during these events, nor do we get paid one cent for any services and/or gear sales.. In fact, even if I wanted to sell you gear I wouldn't even know where to begin, since I'm an accountant for a living and not a shop owner..

Hey Chris why don't you just try being honest for a change, you don't like the fact that DIR discussions dominate your BBS, so you are struggling with ways to reduce these type of discussions. First you tried to discredit me and *yank my chain* to get me inot flame wars, then you banned me from posting and all these attempts not only backfired but severly reduced your credibility. The regulars spoke out and pointed out your short commings. You were left with no choice but to back down, so now your latest attempt is to change the rules but yet you still want to maintain the illusion of a free and open board and we won't let you have it both ways..

You have either a censored board or you have a free and open board.. It's sorta like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]