Re: Solo Diving Sucks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on December 06, 2001 at 08:29:08:

In Reply to: Solo Diving Sucks posted by David on December 05, 2001 at 22:04:21:

There is no agency out there to my knowledge that advocates solo diving and they all teach buddy diving skills. Even SDI/TDI the only agency with the balls/foresight to step forward and address the issue requires 100 dive minimum as a prereq. Solo happens, nobody is going to make anyone solo dive. Join a dive club and work on building some dive buddies. If and when you every feel competent to solo you will know it. Solo is a personal choice that many feel is fun, safe and in many cases the only way to go. This issue came up on my last dive trip. One diver said he thought solo is when you hop in your boat alone and go diving the islands completely alone. That we are not solo. I love trips like this, a boatful of competent independent divers go diving and meet back on the boat and share stories. BTW, if I'm a boat and a diver asks to buddy up so far I never refused if they are being paranoid it spoils the experience though.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]