I would be happy to admit

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on December 07, 2001 at 17:12:52:

In Reply to: Re: For Martas eyes only ...speaking of photography posted by Steve on December 07, 2001 at 16:12:19:

that when it comes to navigation and U/W photography, the two just don't mix for me. I am completely and totaly useless as a matter of fact.

As far as being distracted while taking pictures, this can definately be an issue if you don't plan for it ahead of time. Before we get in the water, I always discuss a few rules before hand:

1)There should only be one photographer in a budddy team at a time. Having both of you taking pictures really would turn a buddy team into two solo divers who just happen to be in the water at the same time.

2)Whoever isn't taking pictures is responsible for navigating the team back to the boat.

3)Each buddy is responsible for monitoring their own air consumption (no relying on the other person to remind you to check your spg)

4)The photographer should take their head out of the viewfinder at regular intervals to check on their buddy.

5) No fair hogging the camera. Be sure to alternate regular diving with u/w photography, especially if your buddy doesn't shoot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]