diving recomendations

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Russ on December 15, 2001 at 22:36:48:

Hi, my wife and I are planning to be in the southern California area at the end of August - beginning of September. We would like to do several days of diving perhaps on a liveaboard (2-6 days). We would appreciate any suggestions anyone has on areas to dive at this time of the year (northern channel islands vs southern channel islands vs Mexican pacific etc.) and/or recommendations for dive boats.
Type of diving we are looking for: Would like to have good visibility. Would like to dive with some larger animals.
Experience: We were certified this year and dove a week in Bonaire. We have made a few dives on lakes/quarries in the Arkansas/Missouri area. We plan to complete the padi advanced open water in May and dive a few days in Micronesia. We will of course not be ready for advanced dive sites - however we are fairly comfortable in the water and are younger and in fairly good shape (early 30’s) and serious about safety - so I think we will be ready for more than just beginner diving.
I am also interesting in finding somewhere to rent an underwater camera or video recorder to dive with while there (We rented a MMII EX and a Sony camcorder/housing in Bonaire and really enjoyed ourselves).
Thanks
Chris and Russ
r_coash@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]