I wonder what has been done.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 17, 2001 at 12:00:13:

In Reply to: Re: Did your profiles exceed "AIR" NDLs? posted by Steve on December 16, 2001 at 21:25:01:

It seems to me that some data must have been generated that could give some of the answers we desire. The annecdotal stuff is rampant. If nitrox was sold as a regular consumer product it would have been well tested -- unless it was marketed as a health suppliment.

I have given a little (5 minutes while on hold) thought as to who ought to fund the research. I think the makers of membrane systems are a likely group to fund this. They stand to gain the most if it is true. What I hope is that they have not already done it and buried it for not supporting the use of geezer gas.

And then again that may be another group -- AARP. Us oldsters (>40) seem to report the post dive energy more than the younger divers. Maybe Ponce de Leon's fountain was under water and its benefit came from breathing funny air? If so a cottage industry of making home hyperbaric oxygen treatment beds could be spawned. I can see it now: An infomercial from Ron Propiel. If it works you could throw away the bald spot spray paint and the pills to make "it" work like when it was younger. Five easy payments billed to your credit card...

Interesting what happens to me with 'music on hold'.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]