I have the 168

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 27, 2001 at 09:09:13:

In Reply to: Re: I really like my little Garmin combo unit posted by Chuck Tribolet on December 27, 2001 at 08:21:18:

What I just found out from Garmin is that I somehow did not "select" a small section within the bigger section I selected for download. Since you have used the software, this might make more sense to you than a casual reader. But there are some small segments and I did not get them in the download. The Garmin tech support guy was great.

I did not time the screen updates, but I think it was faster than 13 seconds. I was in Simulation modem last night and do not know if that matters.

When looking for a specific underwater feature, I have found that with the track ON I can run a pattern and if I need to look back I can simply hit the page button to advance to the sonar page. I typically kill some of the navagation pages so I can page through faster at that time.

I like the little unit quite a lot. Small, easy to unhook and store inside the cabin. Decent back lighting since I am out at night more than I am out in the daylight these days. Sure better than my old LORAN.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]