Re: WOW!!!! I can't believe all the response. You guys/gals are great.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on December 29, 2001 at 08:32:55:

In Reply to: WOW!!!! I can't believe all the response. You guys/gals are great. posted by Blue Dolphin on December 28, 2001 at 23:19:26:

I have the Apollo split fins now, but prefered the scubapro twin jets I used to have. If I bought again, I'd go back to them. They're shorter but wider, and I thought the extended foot bed is major plus for comfort and power. If I dive in chopy/rough water, I always wear a snorkel, but on calm days, I go without. Being older, and hating to be cold, I went to a dry suit last spring. Prior to that I had a 7mil O'Neal one peice. These day's I don't think you will find a "bad" suit. I hear Hendersons new super stretchy 7mil material is real easy to don and doff, and warm. I always used a lycra skin and midweight lycra socks with my wet suit, which made it much easier to get in and out of.
Don't even think about a dry suit until you've been diving awhile. They sound realy neat, cause they are, but at 2 thousand, unless you get some super deal, (watch out for those), thats a hugue investment for a sport your just trying out. Wait until your sure you want to keep diving, and doing a lot of it. What your going to find out is that we all have our preferances, and none of us have used all the gear, so much is judgment based on talking to other divers, seeing what people are diving with, and how they use it, and reading dive gear reviews. Rodles does an extensive test every year on new equipment, which is good referance material. For me, the biggest problem is there is almost too much info to filter through when I'm looking for new gear, but I try anyway. Good luck, have fun, and join a dive club, that's the best way to learn about diving and gear.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]