If I might suggest a couple of things...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on January 01, 2002 at 12:48:21:

In Reply to: Re: Ti is OK, but... posted by Newbie on January 01, 2002 at 11:43:23:

I would not buy SCUBA stuff until you are certified. In fact, most reputable shops will not sell to you if they know you are not yet certified (there are exceptions such as stores will sell to students).

Instead ask your instructor for advice. That is what you are paying for. I have seen many students show up for class with their gear and realize that they have to replace it becuase they choose poorly. Last spring I had to exit the pool and grab 3 sets of fins from the shop for students who had found a deal on their fins. The straps kept releasing in the pool and they could not perform their skills. I was glad I was there assisting so I could run in and get appropriate equipment for them.

On this board you will hear from a bunch of guys and gals who think that their equipment is the best and they will tell you why. But then again, you might be told that the best reg is that >20 year old one that I still use and love. Would you go out looking for 20 year old regs? I hope not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]