Re:Let's see...

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on January 11, 2002 at 12:56:10:

In Reply to: Re:Second year running... posted by Steve on January 11, 2002 at 10:57:52:

you can't challenge the arguments. You can't challenge the experience. You can't challenge the results. So, I know, let's just chalk it up to the DIR guys being intollerant, again. That's not even up to your usual standard of creative thinking, Steve. Sounds more like GLnSD.

Look, my issue isn't with you personally. I've never had the pleasure. It's your uninterrupted stream of unsupported/unsupportable notions served up on a bed of self-righteousness that draws the criticism. It's not just from me. I leave most of your nonsense alone. Others take issue with you all the time. All one has to do is pick a half dozen of your posts at random to see this.

The idea of requiring every new diver to carry a totally redundant gas source because they can't be trusted to monitor their primary gas source is preposterous. The logic is flawed. As someone else pointed out, redundant gas supply is a hedge against equipment failure, not incompetence. Confusing the distinction results in equipment convolution. The end result is seen in many technical diving rigs that are so weighed down with extra crap as to be less safe, not more. That nonsense has infected the recreational world and is supported by DEMA which makes money off the junk yard diver approach. It all stems from an inability, or unwillingness, to think through the issues logically.

If you change your mind and want to learn something about diving, great. If you persist in serving up ridiculous ideas, expect to take heat. Not just from DIR guys, either, in case you hadn't noticed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]