Re: Article in the LA Times

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ptf on January 20, 2002 at 18:49:29:

In Reply to: Re: Article in the LA Times posted by dawhale on January 20, 2002 at 10:16:56:

yep. Not all of us have Type A personalities nor do we go through that type of wad
of $$. If I did I would be in a palatial house rather than this apartment. As
for technical dive gear the basic gear is about $10k, and then there is training ,
training and more training. I ahve been on more dives where we train then I have
been on "fun" dives. I must admit that all the team skills that we do make the
fun dives seem like a walk in the park. So I think that they messed up with and added
an extra zero. This is more in line with what is spent on yearly dives to maintain
proficiency:
Gear - tore a neck seal on the night dive $100 and the shop let me glue it on myself,
cave line - when you do a search pattern and come back it is sometimes easier to just
cut the line and swim back to the up- line, The cut line is brought up when the support
crew haul up the up line.
Gas - cost anywhere from $20 to $200 depending on the type of gas used and how much
you use.
Boats- trips on the Express to go to Pebbly Beach in Catalina is $40 round trip, the
stake bed truck has raised thier prices to $8, a quick luch is about $5, parking is $10,
Fuel for the car about $2.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]