Outstanding conditions continued last night...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by NightDiver on January 21, 2002 at 08:47:28:

In Reply to: Beautiful at Leo Carrillo posted by Desert Diver on January 20, 2002 at 18:39:10:

Logged a shore dive at Crescent Bay in Laguna around 9:00 p.m. last night. The conditions couldn't have been better with visibility upwards of 25'. The water was a bit on the cold side, but there was literally no surf and the surge was minimal.

We worked the inner reef to the South of Seal Rock and there were plenty of bugs to be seen; however, most of the big ones were still down deep in their holes and we only grabbed a few shorts. Oh well, lobsters don't get big by being stupid and that's they way the game is played. The conditions were so good, we didn't even mind getting skunked.

BTW, I am guessing that they were squiding off of Laguna last night. There was a string of boats beginning at Crescent and stretching South of Main Beach, all with their flood lights on and plenty of birds circling. I suppose they could have been fishing for anything...anyone know for certain?

Anyway, the conditions are as good as I've seen all year, so I hope you all get a chance to grab a mid-week dive or two.

DSAO,

NightDiver

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]