Re: San Nicolas Island

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric on January 22, 2002 at 20:34:59:

In Reply to: San Nicolas Island posted by Brad on January 22, 2002 at 19:29:37:

Brad Your posts are great adventures. Sitting at home I can dream about the experiences you describe. Going out on a small boat like yours to the outer islands and cortes bank is truly something that most would shy away from. I salute you! As a small boat owner myself people don't realise your commitment to diving and the beauty of the ocean that you describe. I've gone to the close islands and lots of fishing out of Morro Bay but nothing compares to your experiences. Also I like your website. Been diving for 10 years, but fished all my life. On the proposed closers. I would think divers and private fishermen would be in close agreement but it seems like the diving community wants closers. As someone who seen land closers we have to be certain that people can still use these areas. The forest service and BLM are removing any manmade things and watering devices on some public lands in the name of restoring it to its natural state. No water no place like deer, quail, and other animals to survive. Also no roads so very hard to get there. I think the future agenta if for no human presence in these areas. Lets all think about what is being proposed and to not act to quickly. I catch fish by the pound and commercials catch by the tonnage. Lets put the overharvesting problem were it belongs. I proud to dive, fish, and hunt and I don't like the extreme environmentalism today. Sinceable solutions not extreme. Eric

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]