Re: MLPA: Proposed change in Fish & Game Regulations

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dawhale on February 09, 2002 at 04:56:53:

In Reply to: Re: MLPA: Proposed change in Fish & Game Regulations posted by Brad on February 07, 2002 at 20:45:47:

In the Friday Los Angeles Times I saw a picture of the areas affected by this proposed closure . Not knowing exactly the position of the pinnacles just off San Miguel does anyone on this forum know if they will fall inside the no take zone ? If so then the best diving off San Miguel would disappear . The sport take is nothing in comparison to the commercial take . If the area's proposed for closer just targeted the commercial guys that would probably be sufficent . I just feel the sport take is sustainable . You do not see the commercial guys harvesting freswater Trout . The resource would not be able to handle it . The argument is made they need to make a living . Ok . If we can bomb a country into the stone age we , our goverment , should be able to help the commercial guys find a new line of work . My 2 cents .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]