Re: Things must be really be bad in PADILAND

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on February 11, 2002 at 12:42:32:

In Reply to: Things must be really be bad in PADILAND posted by Tribes on February 11, 2002 at 11:12:27:

I believe the lawyers for PADI strategy here is to make it to costly for DiverLink.com to defend. I'm sure that was part of the calculation when filing the suit in California.

DiverLink.com is in Florida; the suit was filed in California. Besides the cost of lawyers, expert witnesses, depositions, etc. there is also the travel cost, plus loss of time. I'm sure PADI's lawyers will be assholes and require that depositions be taken here in California.

In fact there is very little money in running a diving web site, I suspect that it is mostly done for the love of diving, not for the profit. I suspect that any money they have made from the web site will be eaten up within the first few weeks of this process and will cost Eddie a great deal of money personally. Perhaps his only hope is showing that this is a SLAPP suit, and having it thrown out, and PADI forced to pay all expenses.

In the end even if PADI is wrong their much deeper pockets to finance the litigation may prevail.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]