Not expert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on February 11, 2002 at 15:50:55:

In Reply to: Re: Expert opinion wanted posted by Kendall Raine on February 11, 2002 at 14:09:20:

Just like a magazine is responsible for publishing what it's writers write, so would the person who has control over the BBS. Unless there are lots of disclaimers. I read the suit, and took a PADI openwater class a couple of years ago. They did require students to swim, learn to remove and replace tank and BC underwater, how to enter the water, underwater communications. Simply because it may not be to an advanced level, doesn't mean PADI doesn't require it at all, as seems to have been stated. I also took an open water class back in 1970, SSI, and had a friend go through NAUI at the same time. Swimming requirements were tougher, and more physiology was taught, because you had to work the old navy tables. On the other hand, the equipment is far better today than it was back then, and to dive as safe or safer today I don't think the requirments need to be as rigiours. I wish they were though. Stat's wise, so many more ppl dive today than 30 years ago, but I bet the number of injured or dead is no more than it was then. If the percentage was the same or more, I think we would be loosing a lot more divers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]