Re: Maybe yes, maybe no

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on February 13, 2002 at 20:54:44:

In Reply to: Maybe yes, maybe no posted by Wayne on February 13, 2002 at 10:44:20:

You give me a chuckle there.
My kids are a bit young for diving and I'm not going to promote it for a long while anyway, but right now, it's still an interesting situation like you describe.
They try to be helpful, but they don't know what they can do and often screw things up. You still have to let them or they will never learn to get things right.
Eventually, they will get good enough at bicycles that they will progress onto the street. They will not be safe. I just hope they will make it through that period until they are fairly safe....
Last week, I dove the La Jolla Shores. The kids have always been nervous about waves. Not this time though. They just wanted to go out. They have no idea of the danger and they may learn to swim this summer. It's just jolly.
Of course, by the time I was 7, I was stealing perchlorate powder from my brother and making dandy explosives. I figure my kids will make it, but that doesn't mean it's not scary in the mean time, especially knowing my history. I claim to be hyper-aware when I'm hunting, but that doesn't help when watching kids, because you have to largely let them make mistakes. Can I keep them from the good ones?
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]