Scuba Trip Bonaire (Most Out of SFO) - April 20-29

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James Houston (Grateful Divers) on March 17, 2002 at 06:54:42:

We are going to Bonaire April 20-28 and will be staying in a 5BR/5BA Mansion right on the Beach (facing West for Sunsets) with huge Living Areas, Kitchen, outdoor dining area and barbecue and which is also about 125 yards from the Dive Center. By the way, 10 yards off shore from our OWN PRIVATE BEACH is a coral reef, but we will also have a large Van and Jeep at our disposal and drive and dive all over the island. Bonaire is the Caribbean’s Best Shore Dive Location. Believe it or not, the total trip is being estimated right now at about $800pp/do, plus airfare. This includes the lodging, vehicles, unlimited air-fills and all diving (tanks, weights and air fills). Equipment Rental Extra (but it’s not too steep). If you are not certified yet, I can get you there before the trip and during the first two days of. Beginners with referrals completed are welcome.

I am a PADI Certified Instructor and Trip Leader. We will do this trip to Bonaire (preceded by all class and pool training done here in SF if you aren’t certified yet). Basic certification fees (extra, but I am giving a deal this time) are all inclusive including the book, class, dive equipment for the pool, pool fees, instructor, the required open water training dives and PADI PIC Card). If you are a beginner, you need to purchase fins, mask and snorkel. Advanced Open Water (now called “Adventure Diver”) certifications are also available to any certified diver on this trip (email for details).

My relationships with the dive operators make the travel, lodging and diving costs, very, very affordable. This trip is super-priced and great and it's not only about the training dives - we do a lot of other fun dives as well. It's also about the 'social' aspect of diving, the friendships made, the fun, the spiritual nature of it, the fellowship, learning about the ocean environment and behaving (dive behavior/I'm not a therapist) in an environmental way (leave nothing but bubbles, take nothing but pictures) and learning about passive interaction with the animals...and especially, how to dive in a safe and efficient way, and all that good stuff! (Not everyone does it this way, but I do because it makes it such a higher and better endeavor, and since I do this for fun; it's not my profession or real job, I can treat it as fun and am not jaded or negative about the process and provide many, many laughs along the way).

I always use the latest PADI teaching methods. PADI is the most widely recognized and accepted diver certification organization in the world, and I follow their teaching methods (standards) and safety rules without exception with respect to how classes are conducted, training methods, group size, locations and consideration of real-time conditions. Dive Trip Planning Assistance (don't go to the wrong place!), Equipment Consultations, Private Groups, Other Trip Information. All are welcome!

Best. Namaste. Aloha. Happy Diving!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]