Been there.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by -Derrin on March 18, 2002 at 20:03:40:

In Reply to: What I went through to dive Saturday..... posted by ed on March 18, 2002 at 10:42:51:

OK... Since this turned into an "I was stupid whe I..." post. Here goes: Several years ago, third unsupervised dive, first time me and my 2 buddies are diving on buddy A's new 28' Bayliner 2855. I've got all shiny new dive gear. We make it to Catalina, so excited I'm dancing around like an 8 year old after his 8th glass of punch. The weather is beautiful, early June. We pull up to the island. Things couldn't be better, all new dive gear, 3 good friends on a private boat off of Catalina. We begin to assemble gear when I open my dive bag and realize my BC is back in the truck... At home... In Huntington Beach... Not on a Bayliner in Catalina. No matter how much I "will" my BC to show up, I'm stuck.
My buddies had a great 53 minute and 45 second dive while I sat on the boat counting 53 minutes and 45 seconds away. The day wasn't a total loss, we boogied over to Avalon where the looser among us had to go rent a BC, reg set and weight since I was not only weight integrated but also using an AIR2, so the reg, computer and weight I did manage to remember was all worthless. At least I learned something.
-Derrin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]